EBENEZER INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BANGALORE -IB DIPLOMA CANDIDATE SCHOOL
EISB is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy and commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that EISB believes is important for our students.
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme, has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from 6 subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service
The process that EISB will undergo to become fully authorized as an IB World School will take up to two years, during which the school will implement the full IB curriculum, use all IB teaching materials and publications, and obtain IB professional development for teachers.
This is an enormous step forward in our ongoing efforts to transform EISB to a World Class International School and provide excellent educational opportunities and choices to students and families. Our students will have definitely have an outstanding experience at EISB studying the IB Diploma Programme.
For further information about the IB Diploma, see http://www.ibo.org/diploma
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, and the IB Career-related Certificate.
Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.