EISB recognizes the need to nurture talent in students from an early age. It inspires them to take on the challenges of life and exhibit the spirit of competition and sportsmanship. Students are encouraged to perform not only at school level but also at the national and international levels.
In the quest to devlop happy, healthy well-rounded children, the Sports Department plays a very significant role in not only nurturing the students’ talents on the sports field but also in developing all facets of the students’ personality.
EISB has more than a fair share of young achievers. Be it in the field of athletics and sports, our students continue to make a mark all over the world. Our young achievers also include tennis players, sprinters and cricketers.
- Shivansh Singh for winning the Bronze Medal in ASISC National Swimming Competition held on 17th November 2014 hosted by Karnataka Region at P M Swimming Centre, Bangalore. Shivansh was the youngest in group to participate in this event.
- Our School Cricket team for winning the KSCA I Division Runners up Cup organized by Karnataka State Cricket Association. Our School Ranked #2 in the state in the under 16 years I Division Category. KSCA will felicitate our team in the month of April 2014.MUNIM MOOSA MEHDI WAS adjudged as the best player of the tournament in TISB Cricket Tournament.
- Our School Senior Boys Football team for winning Inter School Football Tournament Runner’s up Trophy organized by Bangalore International School on 7th November 2014.
- Our School Girls Football team for winning the Mignon Memorial Five-Side Inter School Football Tournament Runner’s up Trophy held at Bethany High School on 18th November 2014.
The TeamINDIRA ESTHER WILSON of Std IX IG was adjudged as top scorer of the tournament.
- Joan R Deepak for winning the following medals in the ASISC National Swimming Competition held on 17th & 18th November 2014 hosted by Karnataka Region at P M Swimming Centre, Bangalore.
• INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHYShe also won 3 Gold medals & the Individual Championship trophy in X JASE CUP Swimming Invitational Inter School Sports festival organized by Jain International School on 14th November 2014
- Our School ICSE cricket team for winning the Karnataka State ICSE Schools Association(KISA) Under-16 years Cricket Championship organised by Vidyashilp Academy Bangalore.
KUSHAL R. SHAKTHI adjudged best batsman of the tournament
- Nikhit Laxman of X IG and Vignesh Muralibabu of A level for winning the Inter School VIVUM – 2014 Badminton Runners up trophy organized by The International School Bangalore .
Nikhit Laxman was adjudged the most valuable player of the tournament.
- Shivansh Singh of Std VIB for winning the following medals in the Karnataka ICSE School Inter School Swimming Competition held at P.M Swimming Jayanagar on 1st September 2014 ( Shivansh Singh who is12 year old was theyoungest boy to compete in 16 years category)Gold Medal – 50mts Back stroke
Bronze Medal – 100mts Back strokeJoan R Deepak and Shivansh Singh have qualified to represent Karnataka in National ICSE Schools meet.
- Joan R Deepak of Std IX and Shivansh Singh of Std VI B for winning the following medals in the Karnataka ICSE School Inter School Swimming Competition held at P.M Swimming Jayanagar on 1st September 2014Gold Medal – 50mts free style
- Silver Medal – 100mts free style
Silver Medal – 50mts Back stroke
- EISBite senior cricket team won against St. Joseph Boys’ School by 18 runs in All India Invitation Cottonian Shield Cricket tournment and qualified to Semifinals. Sudhanshu Sonkar scored 63 runs Kartikye took 2 wicketsChinmaya M Narasimiah scored 20 runs and took 1 wkt.
- EISB emerge champions
EISB beat Bishop Cotton Boys’ School by five wickets to win the Senior section of the All-India Cottonian Shield cricket tournament held on Saturday.
- OUR NATIONAL SWIMMER JOAN R DEEPAK of Std IX for winning the following medals at the All India Swimming Championship held at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
1. 50m Freestyle – Bronze Medal
2. 4X100m relay – Silver Medal
- Our under -14 years Cricket team for winning the B T Ramaiah Shield Inter School U-14 Cricket tournament for the season 2013-14. 154 schools participated in this tournament. KSCA Secretary Mr. Brijesh Patel honored and felicitated our team at KSCA during summer vacationNitin Nagaraj Reddy of IX IGCSE for winning the All India Junior National Ranking Talent Series Tennis Tournament – 2014 Runner up trophy organized by Innerwheel Club of Mysore Central Cup held at Mysore from 24th to 28th May, 2014.
- Shivansh Singh of Std VI for winning the following medals at the Karnataka State Aquatic Championship held at Dolphin Aquatics, Mathikere, Bangalore from 4th to 7th June 2014
• Bronze Medal in 50m Back Stroke
• Silver Medal in Medley Relay
• Bronze Medal in 50 m free style relay
- Joan R Deepak of Std IX for winning the following medals at the Karnataka State Aquatic Championship held at Dolphin Aquatics, Mathikere, Bangalore from 4th to 7th June 2014
1. 50m Freestyle – Gold Medal
2. 100m Freestyle – Silver Medal
3. 50m Back Stroke – Bronze Medal
4. 100m Back Stroke – Bronze Medal
5. 4X50m relay – Silver Medal
6. 4X100m relay – Silver MedalJohn has qualified for the nationals and it will be held at Bhopal in the month of July 2014.
Joan also participated in the 1st International Aquatic Meet in Dubai at the World’s biggest sports complex and her ranking was 13th in her events.
- Aditya Borad of III B has been honored with Provisional Black belt from Okinawan Shorinryu Karate Kobudo Association India. Adithya has also represented at various national level tournaments and brought several laurels. EISB family congratulates him for his achievement.
- Our under 14 boys have done us proud by annexing BTR Cricket Tournament conducted by Karnataka State Cricket Association. The huge margin of victory over St. Joseph’s School prove the supremacy of EISB in all forms of the game. Keep it up our students. You deserve a big treat. The boys, Mr.Ravikumar and his team of coaches have done a marvelous job. Kudos. [NAME] EISB
- APEKSHA SOLANKI of IX IGCSE for winning the Runners’ up trophy in the T. Nilakanta Pillay Memorial AITA Championship(National Ranking Tennis Tournament) organized by the Trivandrum Tennis Club, Trivandrum from 08th to 11th February 2014.
- Nikhit Laxman of Class IX IGCSE for securing the first position in the Robofest India 2014 under the Sr. category. He was awarded with a cup, medal and certificate.Nikhit Laxman has now qualified to compete in the World Championship tournament to be held in Michigan, USA (May 2014).
- SHIVANSH SINGH of Grade V B for winning the Gold Medal in 4X25mts Free Style & Medley relay and Bronze Medal in 50mts Backstroke in XIV State Short Course Swimming Championship held at PET Aquatic Centre, Mandya from 27th to 29th December 2013.NIKHIT LAXMAN of IX IGCSE for winning the runner-up trophy in the Five star State Ranking Badminton Tournament organized by Bowring Institute, Bangalore from 21st to 24th December 2013.
- Our School Cricket Team took part in the 1st IONIAN International Cricket School Tournament 2011 (T20 International Hellenic Cup) held at CORFU – GREECE from 23rd April to 30th April 2011. The tournament was organized by HELLENIC CRICKET FEDERATION. 10 National Teams participated and our school team stood 6th position in the Tournament.
- Siddharth Balaji of Std. VIII A was selected to represent Bangalore city (India) to play for Under 15 Soccer at 45th International Children Games (Children’s Olympics) to be held at Lanark shire -Scotland from 3rd to 8th August 2011.
- Our seniors 6 –A- Side Football team won the Global Tiger Day – 2011 6-A-Side Football tournament organized by Water Woods Lodge & Resorts Pvt. Ltd in association with Young Challengers Football Academy held at Mount Carmel College grounds.
- The Final Match played against Frank Anthony Public School and won by 1 goal.
- Our School Senior Cricket team reached Semifinals in the Inter School Cottonian Shield Cricket tournament organized by Bishop Cotton Boys School; Keshav Agarwal of Std IX led the team.
- Abhishek Shivkumar and Ajatha Shatru of X IG took part in FIDE Ranking chess tournament held at PESSIC Eng. College, Shimogga
- Our School Swimming team won the following medals in Karnataka ICSE Schools Association State Level Swimming championship on 10th August 2011 held at Basavanagudi Aquatic center organized by Ryan International School Bangalore.
- 8. Our School Athletic team won the following medals in Karnataka ICSE Schools Association Stated Level Athletic met 2011 – 12 held at De Paul International School Mysore on 20th & 22nd August 2011.
- Abhishek Singh Munda of XII ISC won Silver medal in 100mtrs and selected to represent the State in the National ICSE School Athletic Meet at Rourkela, Orissa from 8th to 10th November 2011.He also won the Bronze Medal in 200 mtrs.
- Nischel Rakshith of XI ISC won the Bronze Medal in 100 & 200 mtrs.
- Syed Tayyeb of Std IX won the Bronze Medal in 100 mtrs.
- Syeda Ruquiya Aga of Std IX won the Bronze Medal in 200 mtrs.
- 13. Our School Swimming team won many medals in Inter-School Swimming meet organized by The International School Bangalore on 27th August, 2011. Joan R Deepak of Std VI secured the Individual Championship in under 14 categories.
- Our School Cricket Team won the Gombak District Cricket Tournament 2011 (T20 International) held at KUALA LUMPUR – MALAYSIA from 26TH TO 28TH September 2011. The tournament was organized by GOMBAK DISTRICT CRICKET ASSOCIATION and Supported by SPORTS NETWORK SOLUTIONS.
- Teams participated in this tournament including Australia, India and Malaysia
- Hrithik Karadi of Std V won the Gold medals and Individual Championship trophy in the State Level Dussera Skating Sports meet organized by Youth Service and Sports, Government of Karnataka held at Mysore from 30th September to 2nd October 2011. Also He won 2 gold Medals in All India Skating Competition held at Bangalore from 25th to 27th January 2012
- Our School Senior Football team won the Inter School Football tournament organized by The International School Bangalore held on 23rd October 2011. There were 21 teams participated in this tournament.
- Also our 5-a-side Football team won the Runners up trophy in Inter School5-a-side Football tournament organized by The International School Bangalore on 23rd October 2011
- Our School Swimming team won many Medals in Inter School Swimming Competition organized by Vagdevi Vilas School on 22nd October 2011.Also Our School swimming team won the Overall Championship Trophy in this meet.
- Devina Pai of Std. IX won the Individual Championship trophy in under 16 yrs category
Apeksha Solanki of Std. VII won the Individual Championship trophy in under 14 yrs category
Joan R Deepak of Std VI won the Individual Championship trophy in under 12 yrs category
Joseph Padavath of Std VI won the Individual Championship trophy in under 12 yrs category
There were 12 Schools participated in this competition
- Nikith Lakshman of Std VII for secured the 11th State Ranking in Badminton in under 13 years category. He has participated in State level 5 star Ranking tournament and he reached Pre Quarters 2nd round. He also secured the 1st position in 800mts in the Deccan Athletic Meet at Kanteevara Stadium Bangalore on Sunday, 6th November 2011.
- Lee Hae Kun of Std. VII won the silver medal in 1st Demo State Level Taekwondo Championship 2011 Organized by Karnataka Taekwondo Association on Sunday, 6th November 2011.
- Mohith Pimplapure and Venkatesh P of std IX got selected to play Karnataka State Zonal Cricket Matches organized by KSCA
- Our Junior Cricket team (Std IX & below) won the Inter School T-20 Cricket tournament organized by The International School Bangalore on 10th to 20th January 2012. The Final Match Played between EISB & TISB
- Our Senior Cricket team reached the Semifinals by winning against Bishop Cotton Boys School in Karnataka State Cricket Association tournament. Our Senior Cricket ranked 4th in this tournament, There were 154 schools participated in this tournament.