Grades 1 to 5
These are the foundation years of education, where various skills, attitudes, and concepts are developed.
We recognize that children at this level have their own unique abilities, interests, aspirations, and expectations. Therefore, our curriculum in these classes is structured to imbibe and practice the IB Learner Profile by being Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Caring, Open-minded, Principled and Reflective.
PYP aims to empower young students to think, question, research, collaborate and present their findings. Hence, the focus is on the following:
- Developing a Transdisciplinary understanding.
- Understanding the connectedness of various knowledge concepts.
- Making connections with the external world.
- Developing intercultural understanding, respect of differing perspectives and developing personal knowledge.
- Unit of Inquiry
- ICT, Robotics
- Music, Visual Arts, Dance & Drama
- Physical Education, Swimming & Sports
- Life Skills & Value Education
Periodic assessments are conducted and students are graded based on their performances. School follows a system of continuous evaluation and regularly provides parents with an assessment of their child’s academic & social progress, based on a comprehensive system of reviews, reports and parent-teacher meetings.