Music is the food for soul. The school provides music lessons to all students, both vocal and instrumental. Students can choose between piano, guitar, keyboard and drums to pursue their musical journey.
Students get a chance to showcase their musical abilities during assemblies and other events that are a regular feature of school year.
- PYP music department Mr Imliakum Tzudir (nursery -grade 5)
- ICSE music department Mr Sudeep Gerald (grade 1-11)
Children’s are enthusiastic of learning music in their own capacity are listed below:
- Children are actively involved in class room music activities.
- Practical approach and theories/ music history
- Class room music presentation/ music integration from each unit topic.
- Play back singing / musical knowledge/ and musical games/ music worksheets etc.
- Each unit topic is go related to musical lesson plan.
- Each month we cover two-three songs.
- PYP music documentation work.
- Learning varieties of percussion instruments in class room.(e.g egg shakers, triangles, tambourines).
- Practise for school yearly events related to music.
- Piano lesson ( ICSE 3-10 standard )
- Expressing their feelings through song composition.
- Symphony class on Friday form the choir to learn choral singing and improving technics.
- Children participated outside of schools for competitions and assembly participation.
- Training of school band.(schools band participation in two events)
- For annual day program chant composition for PYP and teach songs for higher classes and background music as well as few dance track arrangements by music department.